Today was one of those absolutely perfect days. From start to finish, I loved everything about today.
I loved that I got to start reading the September editions of my favourite magazines this morning, on the dock, with the sounds of the kids and the Husband swimming in the background. I loved that it was sunny and warm despite a forecast of rain and storms. I loved that we had a picnic lunch. And I loved that we even managed to fit in a little quiet time – even though everyone was quite desperate to squeeze every last moment out of this amazing summer.
I loved that I was still able to bake a cake for the Husband’s early birthday celebration – and make and ice the cake with the kids. And I loved that I found a new, absolutely delicious vanilla frosting recipe today, that will, from now on, be my ONLY vanilla frosting recipe. Yup . . . it’s THAT good.
And, because I love nothing more than sharing recipes that I find to be absolutely delicious with you . . . I’m going to share the revelation that is this frosting recipe with you!
Absolutely THE BEST Vanilla Frosting
- 1/2 cup / 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (or milk, but I used whipping cream, and the results were AWESOME)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 5 cups icing sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, vanilla, cream, and 5 cups of icing sugar.
- Keep beating the icing on medium-to-high speed until the frosting reaches your desired consistency – I prefer a very fluffy icing, so I tend to beat it for at least a few minutes.
- Turn the mixer off, and frost your cake!
- If you have leftovers, put them in a container, and freeze. When you want to use the frosting, just thaw it, and beat it again for a few minutes to bring it back to it’s amazing fluffiness!
Leave a Reply